I will not budge.

I feel somehow pressured to find a respectable job in a field that I've been educated...when I tell colleagues in my department that I haven't found a position I'm interested in, they return an almost pitiful look. Maybe it's too much to ask for a career that propells you to want to go to work in the morning. Maybe being lucky enough to have higher education to qualify for a good-paying job should induce a feeling of happiness.

(Un)fortunately, somewhere along the way, I have joined the idealists - some things are better than money like happiness, curiosity, and passion. Food trumps all these, though ;) So there you have it: I have no intention of settling on a job that does not interest me (unless I'm starving). In three months I will be moving, hopefully with a prospective position. If not, though, I intend not to freak out about it because I am not hopeless. I am ingenious and I will find what I love, even if it takes longer than I want. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment