Lost Girl, Season 1

 


This show was surprisingly addictive...I mean, nothing is spectacular about the acting. The storyline is enough to hold interest, but not super imaginative (but, frankly, I love me some SyFy, so who really cares about all these sorts of things...?) I think there are two reasons why I watched a full season in a week:

1. The people are really beautiful. Take for example, Dyson, who is a shapeshifter:

Kris Holden-Ried Picture


More mainstream beauties being the main actress and her good friend. And the Light Fae doctor. And Dyson's cop partner. Seriously, everybody.
 
 
2. Second reason this show is great - TV is finally bringing the fae into mainstream, as literature (albeit mainly YA) did years ago. We're all kind of tired with the vampire/werewolf mix, but how many shows have you seen that have Kelpie? or Sirens?
 
Overall, I girl Lost girl a 3/5, because although I liked it, I probably enjoyed it for reasons unrelated to the actual show itself. But I guess that still kind of makes it a success, right? A few notes, though. The main role is a Succubus, so a bit too much sex and sexually charged scenes for my taste. I will still watch the second season - I have a major wolf-crush on Dyson, and can't quite give it up yet!
 
Rating: 3/5


0 comments:

Post a Comment