A great find

Less than a year ago, I was content (or at least resigned) to live life alone. It made sense to me, even as it does now, that not everyone will get married, have a family - follow the general mold. I love many people, but never have I thought, 'I can't live without him/her.' It sounds cold, but consider it: family, friends, etc....if they were removed from your life, would you cease to be you? It would be terrible and unwanted, but I think many people could continue on being themselves.

This past September, I met a friend in the strangest of ways - by answering a question he had posted online. For a month, we emailed almost every day and I eventually took a chance and met him. And thank God I did. Although he lacked some self-confidence, I still haven't found a justifiable reason behind it. He's one notch above in every characteristic I strive to be....in every way, he's a better person than I am. And because of it, I am compelled to change into a person that is fit not only to be loved by him, but to return it in full. If he were gone, I would stop being the me that I am becoming, and what a shame it would be.

I in no way think that he 'completes' me. People are whole on their own. There are people in our lives, whether co-workers or loved ones, that make us better than we would be alone. He brings out the optimism in me, however small the sliver might be. He is a great find - as is true of the many people that walk into our lives.

I don't know if we will be together in a year or less or more, but I know that at the moment, I am enjoying the change he has brought to me and the great friendship we have both discovered in the process. I hope everyone is lucky enough to have someone that they can confidently say they trust completely. It changes everything.

0 comments:

Post a Comment